Select Page

Joy School = Kindergarten ready?

Home Joy School Forums General Joy School Discussion Joy School = Kindergarten ready?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello all! I hope to draw on your experiences and expertise.

I have a 4 year old boy who is 1 year away from entering full day kindergarten. I’m not concerned about him academically, he’s learning to read just fine, but I would like to get him in a program, preschool or otherwise, to prepare him for going to school all day, every day, next year.

My question is, have you found Joy School to adequately prepare your kids for leaving home and going to school full time? From what I know about Joy School, it focuses less on the reading and writing and more on social learning and other essential skills. I love that idea, but I’m wondering if the fact that it’s a less formal set up (run out of homes rather than a classroom setting) makes a difference in kindergarten readiness.

Thank you for your help!

Stephanie GreenStephanie Green
    Participant

I have an aunt that is a kindergarten teacher (and I have heard from other kindergarten teachers) that some important skills to learn is how to hold a pencil, how to use scissors and a big one is being able to sit still and to follow directions. Joy school does provide all of that as well as do all the activities for academic learning in the kindergarten readiness program that you can buy in addition to joy school 2.0. I do the kindergarten readiness during my child’s second year (age 4) and they know all the things taught in kindergarten.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest