Welcome to Joy School 2.0!
You know the feeling you get when you meet an old friend and realize that you love them as much as ever, but that they have become even better than when you met them last?
Well, that is how we are feeling about Joy School. Here is this wonderful preschool curriculum which has been used by over 200,000 families and influenced maybe a half million kids; and now it is renewed, completely modernized, automated, and ready to download with all of the old ideas and stories about various kinds of joy that we all love so much, along with added activities and methods and ways to teach it all to our kids!
Back in the “old days” when Joy School started, three to six moms got together and agreed on a rotation schedule where one of them would teach Joy School two mornings a week. All the materials were printed in a manual and the songs came on a cassette tape. Parents loved it, kids loved it, and the idea of a JQ (Joy Quotient) being more important than IQ caught on. Moms realized that they have a limited amount of time with their preschoolers before they are off to kindergarten, and that teaching them the social and emotional joys that make their young lives full is the best gift they could give them (and the best preparation for Kindergarten!). Moms that had never taught school and never handled a group of preschoolers discovered that with the detailed lesson plans and the quick and easy art and music activities, they could do it!
We started hearing from kindergarten teachers who said they could recognize the Joy School graduates because they really knew the joy of sharing, the joy of self reliance, the goal of setting simple goals, the joy of kindness and friendliness and so on. Moms loved entrusting their kids to their best friends as the other teachers in the joy school group. And they loved the money they were saving since the cost of Joy School is only about one tenth of what a commercial preschool cost. We literally couldn’t keep up with the demand. We had to reprint every month as Joy School grew throughout the US and overseas.
And it has just kept going. When it first became available on line about 10 years ago, there was another boom, and Joy School reached another whole generation of moms and kids.
But gradually some things about the lessons became dated. The joys were still relevant, as were most of the stories and songs and art activities, but it all needed a facelift and some new 2015 type ideas. And it needed to download easier and be user friendly on a smart phone or whatever the teaching mom wanted to use.
SO, Joy School 2.0 was born! Moms who had done Joy School for years (with our daughter Saren and daughter-in-law Aja as the leaders) completely re-did the lesson plans. It was a labor of love and took the better part of a year.
And it’s ready!
Click here for sample lesson plans from:
- The Introductory Unit
- The Joy of the Body Unit
- The Joy of Order and Goal Striving Unit
- The Joy of Honesty and Candor Unit
One objective of Joy School has always been to keep the price low enough that all moms and all kids who want to can participate. And with the beauty of downloads and web access, we have been able to actually make the dues for Joy School 2.0 lower than they were for Joy School 1.0!
Click the button on the right side of the page to view pricing details and to sign up.
We love you as fellow parents and hope you will pass this letter on to anyone you know who may want to experience the proven, innovative, and fun preschool experience that we call Joy School!
Love to all,
Linda and Richard Eyre
Sample Lesson Plans:
- Intro Lesson 1: The Joy of Joy School Part 1
- Lesson 1.2: The Wonder of Our Bodies
- Lesson 3.3: Honesty
- Lesson 5.4: The Joy of Order
Joy School 2.0 Lifetime Membership
- Includes online access to the entire Joy School 2.0 Curriculum, which includes everything you need to teach Joy School (start-up manual, lesson plans, downloadable music, stories, and illustrations).
- Lifetime access to Joy School 2.0. You only pay once and can continue using it year after year for all of your children.
- Includes lifetime VP Premium membership ($49 value).
- Now includes lifetime access to Kindergarten Readiness supplement ($29 value).
- Now includes lifetime access to the digital Children's Storybooks supplements ($10 value).
2023-2024 School Year Only
- Includes online access to the entire Joy School 2.0 Curriculum for the 2023-2024 Joy School year, which includes everything you need to teach Joy School (start-up manual, lesson plans, downloadable music, stories, and illustrations).
- Your subscription will expire automatically one year after signing up.
- Does not include VP Premium or optional supplemental materials (Kindergarten Readiness or Story Books)