How to set up a Joy School group
- Talk to the moms in your neighborhood who have 3 and 4 year old children. From those mothers you will form your Joy School group. You will want 3 to 7 children in your group. Assign one mother to the be group leader.
- Once your group is formed, each mother will need to register and pay dues for each Joy School semester.
- Download the introductory manual first. That manual has all of the information about setting up your group and has the patterns you will need to make your weather chart, calendar, Joy School House and puppets. These items along with other supplies for the children will be placed in the box that travels from house to house.
- Be sure to hold your mother’s meetings. Each mother should bring her copy of the schedule to the meetings and the group leader should download the first part of the unit you will be starting. The first part of each manual contains information about that unit and a suggested agenda for the mother’s meeting. You can work out your teaching assignments during your meetings and any other details for the group, then each mother can download the modules she will be teaching.
- Enjoy your Joy-ful experiences with your children.
- To Find a Joy School group near you or to find more members, check out our Facebook Discussion Board.